Friday, June 27, 2008

My daughter...the litigator

A recent conversation with my daughter has forced me into defense mode. I know, she maybe only 4, but I promise you that she is quickly rising in the ranks of promising litigator. She can turn any conversation and manipulate it to the brink of you actually asking yourself: did I just agree to that? For instance, the other day, she wanted me to read her a story. I told her that it would have to wait until after dinner was made. Her response: Ok, how about you just teach me to read instead? Ok...honey it would be the same thing. NO it wouldn't, you're helping me to read, not reading to me. How is a mom to resist? My husband fairs no better. He attempted last week to tell her that they would not be going swimming that day; and to no avail, she patiently waits for him to finish, takes a deep breath, and responds with: Thanks Dad, now is it my turn to talk? And quickly puts the spin on. I don't know if we should be exuberant about her wittiness or scared that this is a sign that she only gets better as she gets older. Either or....it makes for great conversations! Chow!

3 comments:

Pam said...

What a smart girl!! You have a beautiful daughter. Very witty and funny!

Brysmommy, Kenswifey said...

VERY smart girl you got there! Thanks for your comments..how in the world did you find me? LOL..I love your post about the hair products..we are STRUGGLING with hair..it grows just not down..so do you have any suggestions on that??? Well, I am glad you found me and look forward to your useful advice!!!

browngirlspeak said...

Hi Ladies!
Thank-you for stopping by! I actually found both of your blogs through another blog called: Our Biracial Kids. Our daughter is very inquisitive, as with most kids. I feel sometimes that it has fined tuned itself over the last year or so, because she has been an only child for the last 4 and a half years, so our attention has always been on her. Now that we are expecting again, things will be a little different for not only her, but for all us! She is very excited though. Keep blogging!